Purpose of the Program
The Bridge & Falls Residency supports professional artists, emerging artists, and creative minds who wish to undertake a five-day, self-guided residency in Nestor Falls, Ontario and Sioux Narrows, Ontario.
The award includes:
- A day-use studio (On the Water) which can be accessed from a stationary dock, and within walking distance of the shops, stores, and amenities in Sioux Narrows
- A day-use studio (On the Rock) near the Travel Centre in Nestor Falls, Ontario
- To connect with nature and the great outdoors by exploring nature trails, day-use areas, and public beaches
- A $750 fee to support the cost of travel and meals
- A $500 stipend to support food, travel and accommodations in a motel/ lodge/ cabin within the Township
- Afford professional and emerging artists the opportunity to develop their body of work.
- Provide an opportunity for artists/ creative minds, who are residents of Canada, United States of America, Mexico, United Kingdom, and continental Europe, to participate in a rural and remote residency in the communities of Sioux Narrows and Nestor Falls, Ontario.
- Encourage interactions between artists/ creative minds with the larger artistic and general community of Sioux Narrows-Nestor Falls in northwestern Ontario.
- Support artists/ creative minds who are interested in the environment, northwestern ecology and culture, natural exploration, etc. in accessing a unique geographic location.
Individuals may apply for projects related to work currently in progress and/ or for new work.
Selection is based on artistic merit, the potential impact of the residency on the applicant, and preparedness to undertake the residency. A panel of judges, representative of the communities of Sioux Narrows-Nestor Falls will consider all applications.
The deadline to submit an application is 11:59pm (CST) on January 24th. Late applications will not be considered. Please email your completed application and supporting materials to [email protected]
The successful applicants will receive a notification by email, on or before February 1, 2019. All of the participating artists will be publically acknowledged on the Township of SNNF website.